The GDRP defines six lawful bases for the processing of Personal Data. Of these six there is one that Tomba is concerned with for the purposes of processing data and making it available to business customers and this is ‘Legitimate Interest’.
Tomba relies on the legitimate interest precedent as an appropriate legal basis under the applicable Data Protection Laws to provide Business Data to its customers.
Customers may use the Business Data for the sending of direct business to business marketing communications provided they do so in accordance with the applicable laws. In this respect, where employees of a public or corporate entity are contacted for the purposes of direct marketing, the initiator may conduct such marketing activity under an unsubscribe / opt-out basis.
Tomba data is GDPR-ready because:
- Business Data is only processed from publicly available sources of information .
- All Business Data is tested and verified to be valid and accurate .
- We continuously update and maintain our Business Data and we ensure all data is secure .
- We make it easy for individuals to be in control of their Personal Data and to instruct Tomba accordingly with regards to the processing of their Personal Data .
- Tomba's mission is to enable businesses to effectively communicate and market directly to one another using reliable and accurate Business Data, ensuring .communications reach relevant individuals in business who would have a legitimate interest to receive such direct marketing .
Use Roles to restrict what particular users can see and do in your Current Tomba system.
Remember non-admin users do not have access to System Setup, so cannot export data en masse from System Setup > Export Data.
In addition to EUGDPR.org, our integration partners have some great articles on GDPR that you might like to check out:
We’ve also a page on our website that provides more information on Current Tomba & GDPR.
Still have questions?
If you have any issues or questions about Tomba, feel free to contact us, we will be happy to help you!